- Version 2019
- Download 1
- File Size 0.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date February 24, 2021
- Last Updated February 25, 2021
Spirit of the Eagle Award
The Boy Scouts of America has created the Spirit of the Eagle Award as an honorary, posthumous
recognition of a registered youth member who has lost his or her life in an accident or through illness.
• This award is bestowed by the National Court of Honor as part of the celebration of life of this
young person. It recognizes the joy, happiness, and life-fulfilling experiences the Scouting
program made in this person’s life.
• The intention is also to help heal and comfort the youth member’s family and other loved ones
over their loss.
• Because the Scouting program was so appreciated, loved, and enjoyed by the youth, this award
will serve as a reflection of the family’s and friends’ wishes as a final salute and tribute to their
departed loved one.